Saturday, December 17, 2016

Skiing in Zermatt

From Wednesday night to Sunday night I was staying in Zermatt with my soon to be new host family. They have an apartment in Zermatt and they go skiing there every good weathered weekend. We were blessed with awesome weather during our time there. Thursday morning my host dad and I woke up early to go and buy my ski pass which fyi is a seasons pass! The first ride up is at 8:30 exactly. We were first on the gondola and headed right to the top of the mountain (12,000+ ft). I was obviously taken away by the view and took a picture every chance I could. We met up with his cousin and off we went skiing for the whole morning. The weather was actually to hot! A cool thing about Zermatt is that you can ski in Italy and Switzerland!!! We stopped for lunch somewhere on the Italian side of the mountain. The food looked so good I almost didn't want to eat it but I was so really hungry so I munched. We did a few more runs then headed back to Switzerland as the last ride to the other side was at 3pm or something like that. Later that night I went to watch some films with my host mom and Sandra. The next day the whole fam went skiing together. One time the lift stopped because of a power issue and we were about 10m away from getting off. We needed to wait 15 minutes for it to start working again but over all we had lots of fun in the nice weather. Saturday my host mom and I went skiing with her two friends. We were the first ones on the gondolas once again. It's funny cause when you are waiting in line for the gondola it's pretty calm and as soon as 8:30 hits and the gate opens it's crazy and loud and everyone is pushing and shoving trying to get through. Later that night we went for a nice dinner at Sandra's house and hung out there for a bit. When we got home I was super tired and went right to bed. Sunday was our last day and once again the weather was beautiful so we decided to take the kids skiing once more. I had a really nice time getting to know my next host family and skiing in one of the most beautiful places in Switzerland! I am so thankful to have such amazing opportunities and I can't wait for the experiences coming my way! 


 My welcome sign!

My room

on our way to the bus stop that takes us to the mountain 

in the gondola 

first view from the top

ich

waiting in line

appetizer 

my super good gnocchi that was almost to beautiful to eat

views over our little town

my host dad Urban and I

my host brother Nevio, host sister Leonie and I

view from the apartment early morn

Leonie & Nevio

where we got stuck for 15 mins!!!!

host dad and siblings

view with Matterhorn

panoramic view with Matterhorn

view of Matterhorn

going up to have a drink

view of Matterhorn

view of Matterhorn

view with Matterhorn


heading home

View from Matterhorn on the Italian side!!



ich

with the ladies

host sister

Matterhorn at night

more Matterhorn ... not sorry

Urban, Nevio, Leonie and I

ich

No comments:

Post a Comment