Sunday, December 4, 2016

RYE fall weekend in Lenk

This weekend was my first Rotary weekend in Switzerland! My host mom and I made nanaimo bars and it actually turned out really well (if she wasn't there I would have been a disaster) Every exchange student going to the weekend had to bring a dessert from their country. I thought that I was going to be taking the train to Lenk alone but then I saw a big group of people and knew they were exchange students as well. The weather has been so nice but this weekend it was conveniently raining which meant we couldn't do everything that was planned. We still went on a hike to a waterfall nearby which was beautiful. We played many bonding games and had lots of time to chat and get to know each other. I only spent a little over 24 hours with the students that I met and we all connected so fast that it felt like I've known them for much longer. It was really nice to listen and learn from the stories that the students who have been here for a while or have just returned from an exchange. It was nice to be able talk to people who have been in my position and who have experienced that things that I am currently to know that it's normal. I can't wait to see them again in November when we all go to the Matterhorn Mountain. 
 In the process...

 On the train to Lenk w/ my new friends 
 This train looks like it could be in Harry Potter 
 On the hike











 Going home :( excited to see them in November



No comments:

Post a Comment