Sunday, December 4, 2016

RYE Matterhorn weekend

We had a weekend organized by Rotary in Zermatt! This weekend was so much fun! I got to meet so many nice people but it was also sad because it was the last weekend we would be together with all of out “oldies” (January inbounds from Australia and New Zealand) because they are going home next month. It was a farewell weekend for them but it was very fun at the same time. When we got there we unpacked our bags and made our beds. We all met in the village and we had a scavenger hunt, our tasks were to take selfies with different people/places/articles, trade something for a safety pin that has more value and get a fried egg for free. Then we had fondue for dinner, it was so good, I always eat too much when I have fondue. then we went to a disc and wet back to the rooms. The next day we went to see the Matterhorn and then went home. This weekend was filled with smiles and laughs but also tears. All in all it was a really fun weekend and I hope to see everyone again soon.
 On the train headed to Zermatt
 Getting instructions for the scavenger hunt in the village

 Ice rink in the village


 Matterhorn

  Matterhorn

 Noah from the US

  Matterhorn

 Canadian roommates 
Fondue!!!!

Lucas and I reunite!! (we are from the same district in Canada)

 Matterhorn


Going up to see the  Matterhorn

Deutschkurs gang! Ixchel from Mexico, me, Kirill from Russia and Ruhi from Peru + the Matterhorn 

Brad from Australia (one of my fav oldies) + the Matterhorn 

Brad from Australia (one of my fav oldies) + the Matterhorn 


Lucas from Canada and I + the Matterhorn 

Ryan from the US and I + the Matterhorn 

Matterhorn is the mountain on Toblerone chocolate (don't mind Simonn in the back)

Matilda from Tasmania + the Matterhorn 

 Shaggy from New Mexico!! Probably one of the coolest people I met, I am definitely going to miss him
Alannah from Australia + the Matterhorn  
Benjamin from Argentina + the Matterhorn 

Benjamin from Argentina + the Matterhorn 


 A group shot in front of the Matterhorn 
 Abby from Alaska 

Tennika from Australia 


behind: Lucas, Sam and Bradyn 
infront: Molly, Maya, me and Indea

behind: Lucas, Sam and Bradyn 
infront: Molly, Maya, me and Indea

Nina from Brazil <3

Matterhorn

Matterhorn

Matterhorn

my fav Rotex (don't know his name tho) + Tenneka from Australia 

Tenneka from Australia and I

Matterhorn

Matterhorn

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic experience. I love seeing where all your new friends are from. The group shot in front of the Matterhorn with all the International flags is amazing!

    ReplyDelete