Friday, December 2, 2016

First hike in Switzerland

My second day in Switzerland and my host family took me on a hike on Niesen Mountain! We took a train up the mountain which was super cool, my breath was taken away by the view. My host family told me to dress warm because it is cold on the mountains so I dressed for Canada cold and ended up being way to hot! I am happy I learnt that now rather than later, the sooner the better right? The hike down was wonderful, it took about 3.5 hours. The weather was great I could hear cow bells ringing and my host mom packed some kick butt sandwiches. 
 Going up.
 View from the train.
 One of my host sisters, Livia, who is now in Canada on an exchange, me and my first host dad.


 Hiking down.
 Livia and I.
 My first host mom.
 The train we took.





The mountain we hiked down.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah, That hike looks amazing! How many host families will you have? How long are you in Switzerland for? When I when to Nipissing University,about 7 years ago,there were exchange students from Fribourg. All the best. I look forward to reading your next posts. Georgia Villeneuve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have 3 host families in total! In fact, I change to my second host family on January 13th! I will be in Switzerland until July 15th! Happy holidays!

      Delete