Sunday, May 28, 2017

Domodossola, Italy

My friend from Australia, Georgia and I decided to go to Italy on one of our days off. For me to get to Domodossola, Italy from Fribourg, Switzerland (my home Canton) takes me about 3 hours and for Georgia it takes about 35 minutes from Brig, her Canton. I have been to this place before but it was just for lunch (now that I say that out loud I realize its such an unusual thing to say and I am so lucky to just be able to whip down to Italy for some za (pizza)). Its a fairly small place with not too much to do but Georgia and I had a good time anyways. We just walked around, saw some nice architecture and ate some Gelato before & after our 3 course lunch that was only 10 euros. On the way back to bring we were in one of the older trains with the windows that go down and i was so excited I was as happy as a dog with its head out the window. It was definitely different compared to the high class trains I’m used to riding in Switzerland. We went back to Brig and she showed me around because I have never really been there long enough to tour the city. 

view from the front doors of the train station in Italy 





round one

wondering how the food keeps coming and its only 10 euros 

the market in Domodossola

Georgia from Australia 






Exploring Brig, Switzerland 



Happy Hannah in a very cute old train with windows that open 
Dad if you are reading this I know you will understand how happy I am at this moment 

No comments:

Post a Comment