Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Paragliding

I WENT PARAGLIDING! A huge thanks to my host family for giving me this opportunity! So heres a cool story. One time my host family were talking and the topic of paragliding came up. We talked about adrenaline and I was saying that I like it and paragliding is on my bucket list. I think they were a little surprised because I was saying how I don't find the idea of it crazy and dangerous. My host parents started talking and they said they were going to make it happen. So my host mom got the chance to go paragliding as a gift and she has had it for quite some time but is too nervous to do it. Its not her thing. So she was very generous and they talked to the guy that was supposed to take her and arranged it so that I could do it instead. We waited for late spring when the weather was warmer and then it got pushed back a few times due to bad weather. After I changed host families it got a bit more complicated but after a few rain-checks due to storms I was finally able to do it. My host dad sent me a text to meet him in our town one Monday afternoon. I hopped on the bus at school and head over as soon as I could. I met with him and the guy, Beat, that I was doing this with. My little host brother was also there and it was the first time that we saw each other in a while so we were excited. He was holding my hand the whole car ride up the mountain to the spot  I would be taking off. It was really cute because earlier he was visiting the kindergarten that he will be going to next year and he was so excited to tell me all about it. When we got to the top we waited about 30 minutes for the wind to die down a bit. Being on the top of this mountain with nothing but cows was such a cool moment knowing that soon I would be flying. Beat walked me through all of the steps and geared me up. I was surprised because I wasn’t even nervous. As soon as my feet left the ground I fell in love with this. We were just hanging out above everything I could see everything. I felt so comfortable and I never wanted to go down. It was an amazing experience, I absolutely loved it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment