Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Budapest

Our first stop was to go and see inside the parliament building. I couldn't get over how beautiful it was from our cruise the night before. Inside was the crown which was guarded all the time by 2 guards with swards and bulletproof glass. We saw many things inside, I don't remember it all but everything sure was beautiful. After we went and toured around Pest, we walked through the streets and made our way to this beautiful spot that looks over Buda. There is a spot along the river where they have metal shoes welded into the ground. This is a memorial for the jews who were all thrown into the river and died. They were to strip down and leave their shoes as they had value. For lunch we went to a market which was indoors to shop and have lunch. My friends and I got Hungarian Langos which are a deep fried pastry, sort of like beavertails I guess. The traditional toppings are sour cream and cheese so thats what we got and for dessert we got one with sugar... how healthy :) We went to go and eat outside and it was wonderful other than the fact that the pigeons wanted our food. I had a nice little surprise bumping into one of my Hungarian friends that I met in Switzerland! After our little tour we went to Buda to enjoy the thermal baths. We spent around 3-4 hours there and during this time my friends and I got massages. After our time in the baths we went to go and have dinner and a show. We went to a gipsy folkloric show, it was quite entertaining.  

in the parliament building 




Jade - Wisconsin, Indea - Canada 

Guita - Ohio

Jade and I 








Esteban - Argentina 

Benjamin - Argentina 

No comments:

Post a Comment