Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Cheese and chocolate factory

What to do on a bad weathered weekend? Visit chocolate and cheese factories! One rainy weekend my host fam decided not to go skiing but instead show me a bit of what Switzerland is really about. We went to the Cailler chocolate factory and the Greyerzer cheese factory. There I got to see how everything is made and stored. I was mesmerized by the way cheese was made. I even tried whey (not my favourite thing... I would rather bathe in it). In all honesty my favourite part was the free taste testing of all the different cheese and chocolates! 



Vintage chocolate stuff 

cocoa beans

Cailler ingredient gallery





Nevio cheesin' (pun intended)


Salt baths for the cheese 



Cheesy lunch




Homemade cheese & me trying whey 

No comments:

Post a Comment